Promotion of youth employment in the consumer sector


Updated:

save

The consumer sector, which covers both manufacturers and distributors, competes with other economic activities for the recruitment and retention of young talent. The store is the best known face in the sector, but there are also many other positions in these companies that are closest to the consumer. Half of the jobs generated by large consumption are for children under 30, with 57% of indefinite contracts, a percentage that reaches 90% after four years of permanence in the company, according to data from AECOC, an association that groups 30,000 companies whose joint turnover accounts for about 20% of national GDP.

The Government considers the consumer sector «Priority» to boost Dual FP. Clara Sanz, General Secretary of Vocational Training of the Ministry of Education, this week invited the heads of human resources of AECOC to abound in their commitment in favor of the Dual FP with the signing of a protocol with the Ministry in which value the opportunities offered by this type of training for the development of professional careers from a practical and maximum employability vision.

Galicia as an example

One of the training experiences already deployed takes place in Galicia, where 63 young people are studying the new medium degree of FP Dual as a food product marketing technician in six centers of the Xunta. 60% of the program is taught in classrooms and the remaining 40% in work centers of nine leading consumer companies that have joined the project. Auchan Retail, Carrefour, El Corte Inglés, Eroski, Gadisa, Grupo Cuevas and Froiz will host a maximum of 16 internships per company so they can get acquainted with a real work environment. The companies will create a scholarship system for students that includes registering them in the Social Security scheme. The Galician degree of FP Dual forms qualified profiles for positions as head of food establishments or departments in food stores, managers or managers of food shops, also online, or commercial advisors and food vendors.

Currently, Dual FP only accounts for 3% of the educational offer. However, AECOC has been a pioneer in promoting specialized programs in the consumer sector in this modality. In parallel, the association has also been developing the University-Business program where it connects with 65 university centers throughout Spain with the aim of identifying youth talent and attracting it to the consumer sector. The program last year organized 150 free training actions involving 2,000 students. In addition, AECOC has developed a training plan for teachers and a Summer Camp is held every year and the Academic Awards are presented.

University Summer Camp

The fifth edition of the Summer Camp will be held on July 1 at the EDEM Business School of Valencia to connect the human resources managers of the participating companies with the young talent from all over Spain who will move to that community to participate in this youth employability event. The day is developed as a space for networking, visibility and generation of job opportunities for recent graduates under 29 years old or students of the last year who have to solve business challenges posed by the participating companies. Last year, at the Summer Camp held in Zaragoza, they participated more than one hundred university students from across the country who demonstrated their training to 23 participating companies.

As for the academic awards, the best end of the year and master's degrees are recognized presented in Spanish universities in the categories of marketing, applied technology, sustainability and supply chain. In the last edition, the AECOC Academic Awards exceeded the bar of the 100 participating candidates.

.



Source link