Several parliamentarians of the PP have recalled that this May 23 marks two years of the approval in the Congress of the General State Budgets (PGE) by the Government of Mariano Rajoy and have agreed that since then things have been “worse” “and that it is necessary to return to a” solvent “government. In addition, they have stressed that since then Pedro Sánchez has been “unable” to approve others.
Just one day after these public accounts were approved, the sentence of the first stage of activities of the Gürtel plot (1999-2005) was known, which condemned the main leaders and the ex-treasurer of PP Luis Bárcenas. He also condemned the Popular Party for corruption by considering him a profit-sharing participant for benefiting from Gürtel through his former mayors in Majadahonda and Pozuelo.
The political turmoil caused by this ruling of the National Court shortly afterwards led to the motion of censure promoted by Pedro Sánchez and which evicted Mariano Rajoy from the Palacio de la Moncloa.
SÁNCHEZ, “INCAPAZ” TO APPROVE OTHER PGE
Some PP parliamentarians have recalled this Saturday the approval of those PGE, which are still extended today. “Two years ago today, some General State Budgets were approved by the hand of Mariano Rajoy,” said the senator and former president of the Canary Islands PP, Asier Antona.
In his opinion, Spain “needs to have a solvent government again.” “It is possible with Pablo Casado and the PP,” he assured. In similar terms, the former spokesman for the Popular Group in Congress and now Senator for Almería, Rafael Hernando, has stated that “since then, less for a few, almost everything has worsened.”
Canarian senator Sergio Ramos, another ‘Marianist’ who was part of his cabinet in Moncloa, also recalled that on this day two years ago, the PGEs were approved, which “are still in force” because, as he stressed, “when Rajoy it was, it was governed “.
MÉNDEZ DE VIGO: “ANOTHER MAY 23”
For her part, the economy spokeswoman for the PP in the Senate, Esther de Brío, has also highlighted that two years ago of those “recovery” budgets prepared by Minister Cristóbal Montoro. “After the motion of censure, they have not been able to approve others, which shows that it was a scam and a farce,” they highlighted. “Another May 23,” the former Minister of Education and government spokesman with Rajoy, Iñigo Méndez de Vigo, has written briefly.
All of them echo in their Twitter accounts the video that José A. Ramos, who was the official photographer of Mariano Rajoy between 2015 and 2018, produced, compiling the snapshots he took that May 23. “10 days to the turning point,” he said, referring to the motion of censure.