The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) provides for today, Wednesday, persistent rains in the west of the Central system, frosts in the interior of the peninsular northeast, and strong wind or strong intervals in Galicia and the Cantabrian.
The sky will be cloudy or covered with rains and showers in the western third of the Peninsula, and Aemet does not rule out that rainfall is strong and / or persistent during the first half of the day in western Galicia.
The rains, in a weak way, can also reach other parts of the western Cantabrian, the northern Plateau and the Sierra de Madrid.
The cloudiness will decrease from west to east in the rest of the country until it leaves a little cloudy sky in the Mediterranean area and in the Canary Islands, where it is expected to be clear.
Temperatures will rise in much of the Peninsula, except in Galicia, the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands, where there will be few changes, while there will be frosts in the interior of the peninsular northeast.
The wind will blow from the southwest in the Balearic Islands and on the Atlantic and Cantabrian slopes, and it will be strong or with strong intervals in Galicia and the Cantabrian. Loose wind in the rest of the territory.
PREDICTION BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES
– GALICIA: sky overcast with rains and generalized rains, locally strong, which will tend to cease soon from west to east throughout the morning. The cloudiness will decrease at cloudy intervals, although it will increase again at the end of the day, with weak rains on the west coast and in the south. The snow level will drop temporarily to 1600/1800 meters early in the morning. The minimum temperatures will descend in the northwest and in A Mariña, they will increase in the mountains and will remain unchanged in the rest. The highs will increase in the south and will remain with few changes in the rest. The wind will blow strongly from the southwest, which will soon turn to the west component in the north half, will decrease in intensity and tend to become a weak south component, until it gets worse on the Atlantic coast at the end of the day. There will be very strong wind gusts at dawn in the western half and on the Atlantic coast at the end of the day.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy or overcast sky early in the day, with rains that will move from west to east, until reaching the coast, where they will be weak in general and will tend to cease after noon, while opening large clearings . The snow level will be about 1600/1800 meters. Minimum temperatures that will descend on the coast, will rise in high levels and will remain with slight changes in the rest. The maximums will rise in the Cordillera and will remain with few changes in the rest of the community. The south component wind will blow strong at intervals, with very strong gusts at the beginning of the day in the southwest and in the Cordillera, and will turn west component, although it will tend to be lazy variable throughout the afternoon.
– CANTABRIA: predominance of cloudy sky or covered by cloudiness, which will decrease from west to east in the afternoon. Weak rainfall in the morning in the western half, which will be less likely the further east, until it is restricted in the afternoon to the western end of the Cordillera. Temperatures that will increase in the interior and with few changes, although the minimum decreases will predominate on the coast. Winds of the south component, with variable loose intervals at the beginning of the afternoon and very strong gusts of winds of the south component during the morning in the interior.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: the sky will be cloudy or overcast, with cloudiness that will decrease from west to east in the afternoon. Aemet does not rule out any weak precipitation in the morning in mountain areas. Temperatures with slight changes. Winds of south component, with variable loose intervals at the beginning of the afternoon. Very strong gusts of south component wind during the morning on the coast.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy or overcast sky, with rainfall that will be, in general, weak in the west and mountain areas of the western half, and locally persistent rains on the southern slope of the Central system. The Aemet does not rule out weak rainfall in the rest of the Autonomous Community, occasionally at the east end, which will disappear in the afternoon. The snow level will be between 1600 and 2000 meters. Minimum temperatures that will rise, locally notable in the southeast, and maximum unchanged at the east end, which will descend in mountain areas of the southeast and rise in the rest. Weak frosts in high mountain areas and at the east end. The wind will blow from the south with some strong gusts in the Cantabrian mountain range.
– NAVARRA: cloudy or overcast skies, with a predominance of high clouds at the beginning of the day in the eastern third and clearings that will open from west to east at the end of the afternoon. Temperatures with slight changes, in which the increases in the minimums will predominate. Weak and scattered frosts in the center and south of the community. Winds from the south and southeast with variable loose intervals at the beginning of the afternoon and with very strong gusts of south component during the morning on the Cantabrian side.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy sky without ruling out occasional weak rainfall, which will disappear at the end of the day, when it will tend to be cloudy. Minimum rising temperatures and maximum unchanged. Weak frosts Winds from the south or southwest in the Iberian, and from the southeast in the Ribera.
– ARAGÓN: cloudy intervals, with greater presence of clouds in the western half of the community. Minimum temperatures with few changes or slight rise. The maxims will be in decline in the Iberian Teruel and the Pyrenees, and in slight rise in the rest of the Aragonese territory. Frost will appear in Huesca and Teruel. The wind of the lazy southwest will blow with moderate intervals in the Iberian, lazy east wind in Cinco Villas, and lazy variable in the rest of Aragon.
– CATALUÑA: intervals of high clouds. Minimum temperatures that will go in slight ascent or will descend in the western Pyrenees, while the maximum temperatures will be maintained with few changes or in slight ascent in the southern half. Frost in Lleida. The wind will be weak and of the west component in the southern half, with some interval of moderate west in the interior at noon, and moderate south wind on the coast of Girona. In the rest of the territory it will be loose variable.
– EXTREMADURA: cloudy or overcast sky, with precipitation in the north where they can be persistent, and can also weakly affect the rest of the community. The snow level will be between 1800 and 2000 meters. The temperatures will rise, and the thermal rise will be noticeable in the case of the minimum. South winds.
– MADRID: cloudy or overcast with probable weak rains in the extreme southwest in the morning. The snow level will be around 1600/1800 meters, and will rise to 2000 meters. Rising temperatures, which will be more pronounced in the case of the minimum and that can be locally noticeable in the southwest. Weak frosts in the north of the Sierra and in points east of the community. The wind will be loose variable with a predominance of the southern component.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: intervals of medium and high clouds in the southeast and predominance of cloudy sky in the rest of the community. Probable weak rains in the northwest of Toledo. Aemet does not rule out morning fogs and fog banks in mountainous areas in the northeast. Minimum temperatures rising, which will be more pronounced in the west and may be locally noticeable in the northwest of Toledo, and rising maximums except in northeast mountain areas, where there will be little change. Weak frosts in the east. The wind will be variable with a predominance of the west and northwest in Albacete and Cuenca, and of the south and southwest in the rest of the territory.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: intervals of high clouds and temperatures that will rise slightly. Weak frosts in interior points. Loose west component wind, with moderate west intervals in Valencia.
– MURCIA: cloudy skies with cloudiness of high type, which will evolve slightly cloudy in the afternoon. Rising temperatures, although with weak frosts inside. Loose variable winds with a predominance of the west component.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: cloudy intervals with a predominance of high clouds. Temperatures will undergo few changes. The nocturnal ones will show locally in descent. Southwest winds, generally lazy, with intervals of calm at night.
– ANDALUSIA: skies with intervals of high clouds, which will tend to be slightly cloudy. In the western third, cloudy skies are expected, and occasional, more likely precipitation in Huelva is not ruled out. Morning mists inside, with the possibility of fog banks. Rising temperatures, notable in the minimum of Huelva and weak frosts in the eastern interior. Winds of the southern component in the western half, west of the Mediterranean coast and loose variables in the rest of the community.
– CANARY ISLANDS: slightly cloudy or clear skies with a slight reduction in visibility due to the presence of calima, which will be more significant in middle and high areas, and that will be withdrawn as the day progresses. Minimum temperatures in slight descent and maximums unchanged. The southeast wind will blow in the eastern province and east in the western component.