A 72-year-old man has died and another 21 people have been injured, two of them with a serious prognosis, in a fire that occurred this Tuesday in a house in Alcalá de Henares, according to reports Emergencias 112 Comunidad de Madrid.
The flames originated shortly before one-thirty in the morning on the first floor of a three-high block, at number 3 of Hernán Cortes street. Seven fire crews from the Community of Madrid and several Summa 112 ambulances have traveled to the site. The firefighters have found the fire highly developed and have had to rescue several of the neighbors from the facade.
Health workers have confirmed the death of a 72-year-old man from smoke inhalation poisoning and have treated another 21 people. Among them a 60-year-old woman who was in serious condition and who, after being intubated for smoke inhalation, was transferred to the Alcalá Hospital, and a 20-year-old young man, also in serious condition, with burns to his face and inhalation of smoke, which was sent to La Paz.
With a moderate prognosis there were a 93-year-old woman due to smoke inhalation, who was transferred to the Alcalá Hospital, and a 55-year-old man with the same symptoms, who was sent to the Gregorio Marañón Hospital. Another 17 residents of various ages were treated by SUMMA112 for mild inhalation and discharged at the scene.