Most storm damage is covered by insurance




Almost all the damage caused by the storm Filomena in vehicles, buildings and people are covered either by private insurance, or by the Insurance Compensation Consortium, a public entity attached to the Ministry of the Economy.

The first thing the affected person has to know are the conditions of your insurance of the house, the premises, the vehicle, etc ... to know which elements of the same are covered and under what conditions. For example, broken blinds and glass are typically covered by insurance, as is damage to water pipes that freeze.

The most common is that any home insurance covers material damage caused by rain, wind, flood or snow and landing expenses.

In the event that the insurer considered the effects of the storm as "extraordinary", then the damages would be assumed by the Insurance Compensation Consortium as long as, and this is very important, the affected person previously has insurance. Damages caused by storms, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes are considered "extraordinary". With the rains, insurers tend to establish levels from which they consider to be "extraordinary", such as 40 liters per square meter and hour.

The same happens with damages that affect the common areas of a residential building, in which case the insurance contracted by the Community of owners. This is the case of cornices, roofs and any element of the facades.

Insurers advise gather as much documentation as possible, such as photos and videos, of the damage caused, especially when due to the current state of the roads and streets in many cities and the flood of parts, it can take weeks for company experts to come to examine the damage in person.

When the damage occurs to people, such as falls on public roads, the affected person's insurance will act if they have contracted it. On the sidelines, you could file a complaint with the corresponding town hall if you consider that the road was in poor condition.

See them


Source link