Morocco repatriates at dawn to another 40 Moroccans trapped in Ceuta

The Moroccan authorities have admitted this morning that another 40 Moroccans who remained trapped in Ceuta were able to return to their country of origin, just twenty-four hours after another 58 Moroccan nationals entered.

As reported to Efe by the Government Delegation, this latest repatriation took place at the last minute of this Sunday and has not materialized until a few minutes before midnight as a result of the efforts being carried out by the Delegation of the Government with the authorities of the neighboring country.

In this way, from 01.00 hours these Moroccans have been accessing Morocco, who have reached the border on foot and with their suitcases and personal belongings.

These negotiations intensified from dawn yesterday when Morocco rejected the entry of a bus where 60 Moroccans were traveling on the same border, noting that most of these people were not on the list that the Moroccan authorities had given to the Spanish.

This circumstance motivated Morocco to only accept the return of 58 Moroccan citizens, despite the fact that a hundred people were expected to agree.

In fact, the last Moroccan crossed the Tarajal border at 02:00 am on Sunday through the so-called "humanitarian corridor" opened to allow the return of these people who had been in Ceuta since the border crossing closed on March 13. .

The 40 Moroccans who returned to their country this morning were accommodated in the first instance in Ceuta in the sports hall of La Libertad, which was authorized by the Ceuta government to be able to comply with the confinement.

Subsequently, these people were transferred to relieve the pressure of those welcomed in the sports complex to private homes and a mosque, where they have spent the last weeks of the state of alarm.

Police sources have expressed to Efe their surprise at the fact that these repatriations are taking place at such untimely hours, with the National Police being in charge of controlling the documentation of these people.

Likewise, sources from the NGO Luna Blanca, which has been in charge of contacting many of the returnees by telephone tonight, have stated that some of the Moroccans with whom they have contacted have ruled out the possibility of returning to their country, indicating that they had already found a job in Ceuta and preferred to stay in the city.

However, contrary to what happened in the two previous repatriations, this time the Moroccans have accessed the border in private cars or on foot, ruling out the possibility of charter buses as had happened in the previous two.

Due to this circumstance, access through the border has been staggered, with two women with their babies being among the group, according to Efe.

In fact, many of them were tonight in the Sidi Embarek mosque - very close to the border with Morocco - after learning that this new exit was going to take place.

The fate of these people will be the same as those repatriated last Friday and early yesterday, who have been confined to a Moroccan hotel located in the coastal town of Rincón de M'diq, about 20 kilometers from Ceuta, where they are passing the mandatory quarantine.

This latest repatriation coincides with the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan, which prevented Muslims from eating food from sunrise to sunset.

With today's departure, Morocco has already accepted the return to their country by the Ceuta border of 288 people, of whom 190 agreed last Friday, another 58 in the early hours of yesterday and another 40 this morning.

It should be noted that there is evidence of the presence in Ceuta of more than 600 Moroccans, many of whom have passed this confinement in private houses that have been ceded by the Ceuta.


Source link