From its first appearance on November 18, 1928 In the short film "Mickey Mouse: Steamboat Willie", the mouse emerged from the imagination of Walt Disney has not stopped growing in popularity and Throughout his 90 years of life he has accumulated many curious facts.
"The story of Mickey" offers all kinds of curiosities, including the character's description of its creator: "Mickey is determined, persistent, good, kind, has good will, and always adorable, although sometimes ridiculous in his clumsy deeds" .
– "Steamboat Willie" needed about 10,000 designs for its 7 and a half minutes duration.
– Since its first appearance until 1958 Mickey's voice was that of Walt Disney.
– Between 1928 and 1934 Mickey was a black and white drawing and his first appearance in color was in 1935 in the short "The Band Concert".
– In its nine decades of history its lines have been rounded and modernized, but it has always kept its big eyes, white gloves and toothless smile.
– The cartoonist who spent most years giving life to Mickey in the printed strips was Floyd Gottfredson, between 1930 and 1973.
– And on television, the writer who wrote the most stories was Bill Wash, with 3,414 between 1943 and 1963.
– Mickey was responsible for Walt Disney winning his first Oscar, in 1932, a special one precisely because of its creation.
– He has appeared in more than 30 films and was the first animation character to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, in 1978.
– In 1935 Walt Disney received a special medal from the United Nations Society for creating Mickey, "a symbol of universal goodwill".
– "Fantasia" (1940) is undoubtedly the film that most identifies with the mouse, a film considered a masterpiece but poorly received by the public when it was released.
– Mickey he was absent from the cinema 30 years, from "The Simple Things" (1953) to "Mickey's Christmas Carol" (1983).
– His last appearance in the cinema was in the short film "Get a Horse!" (2013), a delicious story that mixes images of the first Mickey and the most modern, made in 3D technology.
– Mickey forms with Goofy and Donald the trio of most popular characters of Disney, although in most of his adventures are accompanied by his girlfriend, Minnie, and Pluto.
– But, by far, the one that has most appeared with him is Goofy, present in 15,913 publications.
– Other friends are Horacio and Clarabella and their main enemy is Peg-Leg Pete.
– Mickey lives in the city of Mickey, located in Calidornia, region of the State of Calisota, located between California and Washington, in the USA.
– Since 1930 there have been all kinds of articles related to Mickey and the most sought by collectors is a 1939 watch whose handles are the arms of the mouse.
– The first appearance of Mickey Mouse in a video game was in 1983 in "Sorcerer's Apprentice". It already goes by number 28, which was "Disney Magical World 2" in 2016.
– Many artists have taken him as a model for their works. The most outstanding, Andy Warhol, who made several series about the character.
– The country where most Mickey comics are read is not the United States but Italy, where 19,595 adventures have been published. Brazil occupies the seventh position, with 7,844.
– Surveys reveal that Mickey likes, mainly, because he does good, followed by factors such as his pump-optimism and for being the eternal boyfriend of Minnie, attentive and considerate.