This 2019 the Mad Cool has started a day before –on Wednesday– on the occasion of Welcome Party, a special welcome party in which the public has been able to enjoy eight hours of live music led by Rosalía. This day has brought together 39,721 people and has served to light the fuse of the fourth edition of the Madrid festival, which takes place from Thursday, July 11 until Saturday, the 13th.
During the three main days of the event, the venue located in Valdebebas – Ifema will have a capacity of up to 70,000 people per day, 5,000 less than in 2018, when sold out. They will all be able to enjoy real headliners like The National, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Cure, Iggy Pop, Prophets of Rage, The Chemichal Brothers, Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend, Vetusta Morla, Gossip or Robyn.
6 things you should know about Mad Cool
- The sending of bracelets has only been done in the case of having purchased the tickets at any official online sales point or the FNAC Pack. The buyer must have received an email 48 hours before receiving it informing of the status of the order together with the contact information of the courier company responsible for transporting it. In the case of the Welcome Party there is no sending of bracelets. Those who are going to go on Wednesdays and those who have not purchased the festival's online ticket must present their ticket in the pulse zone on festival days and exchange it for the corresponding wristband.
- The Mad Cool will open the doors of the venue from 17.00 to 04.30 from Thursday to Saturday, and from 4.30 to 00.30 the day of Wednesday. Inside, the festival will count this year with a total of six scenarios –one less than last year–: Mad Cool Stage, Madrid Te Abraza Stage, Community of Madrid Stage, The Loop, Consequence Of Sound Stage and Mondo Sonoro Stage.
- Children under 8 years old will have free access to the premises provided they are accompanied by their father, mother or guardian. Those who have more than 8 and up to 15 inclusive, in addition to being accompanied by a legal guardian, will need to have an entry. Finally, children under 16 and 17 must purchase a ticket but can access the festival alone.
- The festival will have a storage space for backpacks and jackets. Of course, you can not leave suitcases or "large volume luggage". It will be located next to the general access and the small boxes can be rented for three euros, while the boxes can be used for five.
- Entry to the venue will be prohibited with "any food and object-including containers-that may be considered a risk to artists and the public". However, access to the festival will be allowed "with energetic bars and vitamin gels". In addition, there will be several drinking water points distributed in the site.
- In this edition Metro de Madrid will not open all night and will follow its usual schedule (from 06.00 to 01.30). Of course, the service will be reinforced during the hours of the event up to 167%. In addition, during the nights of 11, 12 and 13, EMT will enable a free shuttle service for all attendees. Up to 25 buses will go from the Avenue of the Armed Forces –in the vicinity of the Antonio Perpiñá roundabout– to Plaza Castilla during the three main days of the festival. The schedule of this route will be from 0.00 to 06.00, will connect both points without intermediate stops and will work with an interval of 2 to 4 minutes.
- This 2019 Mad Cool's parking offer will be limited for festivalgoers who have VIP tickets.
Welcome Party Programming
Poster of the Mad Cool 2019
Mad Cool pass
Day tickets for Mad Cool
VIP tickets for Mad Cool
VIP subscription: 400 euros
VIP day: 150 euros
How to get to Mad Cool
- Free shuttle service of the EMT from the Avenue of the Armed Forces to Plaza de Castilla from 0.00 to 06.00.
- Taxi service with special stop located in the Avenue of the Armed Forces from 0.00 to 05.30.
- Santander Bank Shuttle: free and exclusive service for Santander customers during the 11th, 12th and 13th of July available between 02:00 and 05:00 (it will be enough for the user to show a bank card in his name to have access to this transportation together with a companion).
- Uber: special pick-up and arrival service on 11, 12 and 13 July. There will be a special parking lot located in the Ciudad Deportiva del Real Madrid, as well as an exclusive lane to access directly to the entrance of the festival for those who arrive using the application. There will also be a Uber point to leave the festival. Those who travel for the first time with Uber will have a 10 euro discount when entering the code MADCOOL2019 * in the 'Payment' section of the application before requesting the first trip.
- VTC: special stop at the Avenue of the Armed Forces.
- Line C-1 (Chamartín – T4 Airport) with stop at the Valdebebas station (6:04 – 00:03).
* The last exit of the C-1 line passes through the Valdebebas station at 00:03.
- Line C-10 (Charmartin – Airport T4) with stop at Valdebebas station (6:19 – 22:49).
* The last exit of the C-10 line passes through the Valdebebas station at 22:49.
EMT regular buses
- Line 171: Mar de Cristal – Valdebebas (stop Avenue of the Armed Forces, from 06:25 to 23:40).
- Line 174: Plaza de Castilla – Valdebebas (stop Avenue of the Armed Forces, from 06:00 to 23:45).
- Line N2: Cibeles – Valdebebas (stop Avenue of the Armed Forces, working days from 23:55 to 05:10 and Saturday from 23:45 to 07:00).
- Line 8: Nuevos Ministerios – Aeropuerto T4 (Feria de Madrid stop, from 06:00 to 01:30).
Map of the Mad Cool 2019 enclosure
(tagsToTranslate) mad cool guide (t) 2019 (t) poster (t) entry (t) schedule (t) thursday (t) bon iver (t) vampire weekend (t) the chemical brothers (t) noel gallagher (t) s (t) high flying birds (t) disclosure (t) lead (t) programming (t) first (t) day