Infections increase in the Juan Grande outbreak



This Wednesday, the Government Delegation in the Canary Islands notified an outbreak of 76 Covid-19 positives on the Juan Grande prison, Las Palmas II, which forced prison facilities to be quarantined.

The outbreak it has increased and now affects 81 inmates and one civil servant, according to the Government Delegation.

Most of the associated infections have occurred in module 11 of the prison, where particularly troubled prisoners are admitted, while in module 12 there are five other infected people.

The Government delegate in the Canary Islands, Anselmo PestanaHe stated that all the officials are vaccinated. He has specified that the first infections were detected among the 10% of the prisoners in this jail who did not want to be vaccinated, something that the remaining 90 percent have done..

In the last days 476 PCR tests have been performed among staff and inmates that have been able to maintain close contact with the positives detected in modules 11 and 12.

The Canary Islands have about 94 patients admitted to the ICU for Covid-19. Read more

Infections increase in the Juan Grande outbreak. Read more

15:49

Four deaths and 638 infections in the Canary Islands. Read more

14:46

Nurses from the hospitals of Fuerteventura and Lanzarote support the assistance of critical patients at the Hospital de La Candelaria. Read more

14:25

They record two parties on pleasure boats in the south of Gran Canaria. Read more

11:56

The risk of going to the ICU is four to five times higher with the Delta. Read more

11:55

The healthcare pressure grows in Gran Canaria and stabilizes in Tenerife. Read more

11:55

Two pregnant women admitted with covid to the Maternal and Child Hospital. Read more

11:55

The new health alert measures sow confusion. Read more

06 08 2021 16:58

The capital closes the playgrounds and suspends the trails due to the level 4 alert for covid. Read more

06 08 2021 15:43

Four deaths and 665 new cases of Covid this Friday in the Canary Islands after lowering the infections. Read more

06 08 2021 12:11

A denier, in extreme severity in the ICU, after refusing the vaccine. Read more

06 08 2021 12:11

Lanzarote achieves immunization against COVID-19 for 70 percent of its target population. Read more

06 08 2021 12:11

Gran Canaria has more than 5,500 active cases of Covid-19. Read more

06 08 2021 12:10

The Canary Islands will present allegations to the decisions of the TSJC. Read more

06 08 2021 12:09

What can and cannot be done in level 4 of the coronavirus alert in the Canary Islands during the fifth wave? Read more

06 08 2021 12:08

63.9 percent of the target population of the Canary Islands is already immunized against COVID-19. Read more

see more

.



Source link