The State Meteorological Agency (AEMET) foresees for today, Friday, increasing cloudiness in the peninsular northwest, which will lead to heavy and persistent rain and storms, and showers in the Pyrenees, Catalonia and the Balearic Islands.
The precipitations will be especially persistent and locally strong in Galicia, especially in the extreme west, where it is not excluded that they are very strong at times.
In the Pyrenees, Catalonia and the Balearic Islands, storms could occur during the first hours, although they tend to remit, except in the Balearic Islands, without discarding at dawn in other points of the center and this peninsular.
In the rest of the Peninsula, it will be cloudy or with intervals of clouds, although the cloudy sky will predominate in a large part of Andalusia and the Mediterranean area, in the Canary Islands the occasional rains will be likely in the north of the islands of more relief and will be formed mists or fog banks on both plateaus ..
The level of snow will be located in the Pyrenees between 1,400 and 2,000 meters, between 1,400 and 1,600 in the northwest and 1,200 to 1,600 in the rest of the Peninsula, although it will rise in general during the day above 2,000 meters.
The diurnal temperatures will rise in Galicia and Asturias and will descend in the east of both plateaus, interior southeast and the Balearics.
The western component winds will prevail in the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands, with strong intensity and strong gusts in Galicia and the Cantabrian area, strong intervals in the littorals and high areas of the eastern end of the peninsula and trade winds in the Canary Islands.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: cloudy intervals at dawn, which will increase from the west in the morning and leave the sky covered, with rains and generalized showers, which will extend from west to east, locally strong and persistent in the western half, without ruling out that they are very strong and with occasional storms. Probable fogs and fog banks. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximums in ascent. South and southwest wind, strong on the coast, with strong gusts that will extend into the interior.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy intervals at dawn and increase in cloudy or overcast, with weak rains and scattered showers in the afternoon, more frequent and intense in the western third and Cordillera. Minimum temperatures in descent in the south and with few changes in the rest, maximum in ascent, in general light, and weak frost in high levels of the Cordillera. On the western coast, the southwest wind, which will intensify with strong gusts, in the eastern, loose southern component, and in the interior, south-west and south weak, which will intensify in the morning with strong gusts.
– CANTABRIA: little cloud at dawn, with low strata and banks of fog at the southern end, increase in cloudy or covered during the morning and precipitation in the afternoon and evening, which will spread from west to east and tend to remit at the end of the day Temperatures with few changes and weak frosts in high areas of Liébana and Campoo. On the coast, west wind at dawn, which will weaken south and weaker again in the afternoon, and loose from west to south in the rest, but will intensify in the afternoon, with strong gusts in high areas.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy intervals with cover, with afternoon rains, generally weak, that will extend from west to east and low clouds and morning fog banks in the south. Minimum temperatures rising in the east and with few changes in the rest and maximums with few changes. On the coast, wind from west to south, and inland, weak wind from west and southwest, which will intensify in the afternoon to southern component, with strong gusts in the western end.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: low cloud cover at the beginning of the day, which can lead to fogs and fog banks, cloud cover increase from northwest from noon until the sky is cloudy or overcast, with more abundant rainfall in the north and west and weaker and more dispersed in the east, with snow above 1,400 to 1,600 meters in the north and 1,200 to 1,400 in the rest. Minimum temperatures with slight and maximum changes without changes in the west and decrease in the rest, with weak frosts in mountain areas and in the northwest. Winds from the west to the southwest, with intervals of strong and strong gusts, especially in the northwest, north and the Iberian.
– NAVARRA: cloudy intervals at dawn, with weak precipitation, in the form of snow above 1,400 meters, predominance of little cloud in the morning and increase in cloudy or covered with medium and high clouds, without ruling out weak and scattered rains at the end of the afternoon, more likely at the western end. Morning mist in the Ribera del Ebro. Minimum temperatures in slight increase and maximum with few changes. Slack wind from the northwest, which will roll south and will intensify in the afternoon in the valleys facing north of the northern third.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy intervals and increase in cloudy or covered in the second half of the day, with probable weak precipitation from the afternoon, of snow above 1,400 to 1,700 meters. Minimum temperatures without changes or in slight rise and maximum in slight descent in the mountains and without changes or slight rise in the rest. Winds from the west, with a tendency to southeast in the valley and southwest in the mountains, where there will be intervals of strong and strong gusts.
– ARAGÓN: cloudy in the early hours, with abundant rainfall in the Pyrenees and weak and scattered in the rest, which will subside during the morning and tend to cloudy intervals, with the snow level around 1,500 meters and morning fog. Temperatures without changes or rising, except the maximum of the southern half, which will fall. Wind from the west and northwest weak to moderate, especially in the Ebro valley and south half.
– CATALONIA: cloudy in the early hours, with precipitation, which could be abundant in the Pyrenees, and locally strong showers with storms, which will remit from west to east during the morning, and a slight cloudiness in the afternoon, with the height of snow around 1,900 meters and morning fog in the interior. Temperatures without changes or rising. In the littoral, wind from the south component to moderate, which will tend in the morning to moderate northwest to strong in the ends and loose of variable direction in the rest, with a tendency to blow moderate of western component in the southern half and weak to moderate in the rest.
– EXTREMADURA: slightly cloudy, with low cloudiness intervals at the beginning of the day and without ruling out fogs and fog banks, increased cloudiness in the second half of the day, with weak precipitation in the north, and snow level above 1,400 at 1,600 meters. Minimum temperatures in slight decrease and maximum without changes or slight decrease in the east. Winds from the west to the southwest, loose in general.
– MADRID: cloudy skies, mainly of low clouds in the morning and medium and high in the afternoon, without ruling out fogs and morning fog banks and weak rainfall in the Sierra area at dawn and at the end of the day, with the height of snow around 1,200 meters at the beginning of the day and above 2,000 meters at the end. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum in descent in the south and without changes in the north. Winds from the west and southwest, generally loose.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: cloudy skies, mainly with low clouds in the morning and medium and high in the afternoon, with a probability of weak rains at dawn in the mountains of the eastern half and in the west at the end of the day, of snow between 1,300 and 1,600 meters in the northeast and without ruling out fogs and morning fog banks. Temperatures in decline, more pronounced that of the maximum. West component wind, with strong intervals in the southeast.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: cloudy in the extreme north, without discarding some weak precipitation in the early hours and with a tendency to intervals of clouds and snow around 1,500 meters, little cloudy or cloudless in the rest, with tendency to cloud intervals in the afternoon . Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum decreasing in the interior. Moderate to strong west wind, with very strong gusts.
– MURCIA: cloudy intervals, without ruling out some weak and occasional precipitation in the early hours, and a tendency to little cloudy or clear. Falling temperatures, except for the maximum of the coast, which will remain unchanged. Northwesterly winds, with occasionally very strong gusts in the Altiplano and high areas of the rest.
– BALEARIC: cloudy or overcast sky, with occasional showers accompanied by thunderstorms that could be locally strong in the afternoon, preferably in the north of the archipelago, and trend in the afternoon in Ibiza and Formentera with a little cloudy sky. Night temperatures in light ascent and daytime in descent. Winds of western component, with intervals of strong and strong gusts in Pitiusas.
– ANDALUCÍA: cloudy intervals, more frequent in the eastern interior, where early showers are not ruled out occasionally accompanied by storms and small hail, more likely in the northeastern mountains, snow level around 1,200 to 1,400 meters and fog and morning mist banks in the interior and Atlantic coast. Temperatures in descent, locally notable from the maxims of the eastern interior. Winds of western component, occasionally strong and with very strong gusts in the Eastern Mediterranean coast and high areas of Almeria.
– CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy in the north and east of the islands of greater relief, with some clearings in the afternoon, cloudy intervals in the rest of the zones, with predominance of cloudy skies in central hours of the day and probability of weak and occasional rains in the north and east of the islands of greater relief, more probable and intense in La Palma, where they will be persistent during the first half of the day, without ruling out some weak, occasional and scattered rain in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. Temperatures in slight rise of the minimum and slight decrease in the maximum. Moderate northeast wind, more intense on the northwest and southeast coasts.