January 24, 2021

In shifts, without fixed positions, and combining face-to-face and remote work … This is how banking will return in September


MADRID

Updated:

save

Most of the financial institutions in Spain have among their plans to adopt, starting in September, a hybrid work model in central services that combines remote and face-to-face activity, according to the spokespersons of different banks.

The banking sector has taken advantage of the coronavirus pandemic to test a new way of working and, given the positive results found, they are designing progressive reincorporation plans that include encouraging teleworkingGarlic.

Employees of Banco Sabadell corporate centers will be able to start their work in person from September, but it will be in shifts and fixed positions will be eliminated, in order to maintain safety distances.

The measures are still in the works, but the idea is that after the summer, their employees take turns working a week in the centers and another two from their homes. The entity also has a contingency plan in case a Covid-19 case flare up.

BBVA, for its part, will open the central services work centers from July 1 so that some teams begin to combine face-to-face and remote work, although employees who need to continue working 100% from home will be able to do so until September .

The bank chaired by Carlos Torres will use the summer months to test the hybrid model for September. The head of talent and culture at BBVA, Carlos Casas, recently commented on the positive learnings of these months, such as working remotely has allowed the activity to be successfully maintained, without reducing productivity.

Bankinter’s central services workers are 50% face-to-face, while the rest continue to telework. The entity’s intention is to maintain this ratio during the summer and, in September, assess the events and health indications to launch a new plan.

“The remote work was carried out with absolute normality and with little incidents”, they assure from the bank, that it got to have 91% of the workforce in telework.

Banco Santander maintains 70% of the employees at its Boadilla del Monte headquarters working remotely and the remaining 30% are already physically visiting the center. In the central services of Santander Spain, which also includes other corporate buildings, the percentage of workers who already attend in person is 40%.

The bank led by Ana Botín intends that as of September all employees can return to their posts, although it will mainly depend on whether the safety distance can be guaranteed. In centers that are not possible, the return, which will be progressive, will be carried out in turns.

In your case, the possibility of telecommuting will remain as before the coronavirus pandemic. Banco Santander has a “flexiworking” policy that evaluates work based on objectives and results, and not by the time spent, and allows you to carry out functions remotely or choose which days to work. Each worker must agree with the director of their department.

CaixaBank, on its side, continues to work on the design of its protocol, but in the meantime, in corporate and territorial services, teleworking is preferably maintained until September. The return of employees will only be anticipated during the summer from those areas with operational difficulties or affecting their productivity remotely, or whose presence is deemed necessary to give the necessary support to the office network.

In his case, Bankia is calling managers these days based on their personal circumstances and conciliation, with the intention that the rest of the professionals will join in a phased manner in September.

In the KIO tower, for example, the 1,900 employees who usually go if it is necessary to maintain the safety distance do not fit, so that half will rejoin after summer -about 950- and will be done by weekly shifts and depending on the needs.

.



Source link