August 1, 2021

How to keep contributing to Social Security until retirement if you are no longer active? | My rights section

How to keep contributing to Social Security until retirement if you are no longer active? | My rights section

Workers who have been discharged from Social Security and who have a few years left to pay to be entitled to a pension, have a good chance: sign a special agreement with Social Security. It is an agreement voluntarily subscribed with Social Security and consists in that the person who no longer works personally pays their own contributions until they meet the requirements that are missing for access to retirement.

There is also the possibility of signing a special agreement when, meeting the requirements to access the retirement benefit, it is intended improve the future pension.

Procedures and requirements

The procedures are very simple, you just have to submit the application in the General Treasury of the Social Security (model TA-0040), or if you have a digital certificate, you can access the Electronic Office and send this model telematically.

The only necessary requirement is to have a covered Minimum contribution period of 1,080 days in the 12 years immediately prior to the low in the Social Security regime.

The person who signs the agreement can choose between several contribution bases as it suits you: the maximum base of the contribution group of the professional category in which you were registered (provided you had paid for it at least 24 months in the last 5 years), the minimum current contribution base, the average of the basis on which you have been trading in the last 12 months or a contribution base that falls between the three previous ones.

The base that has been chosen will have to multiply the coefficient of 0.94 to know the total amount to enter.

In addition there is another advantage to sign the special agreement and is that the contribution quotas for special agreements they are deductible in the IRPF.

Active periods

You just have to keep in mind that this agreement will be suspended in each of the periods of activity of the worker; and will be extinguished if the person returns to work, if he acquires the status of retired or receives a pension for permanent disability, and if he stops paying the installments for three months. It may also end at any time by the will of the worker or former worker by written communication to the General Treasury of Social Security.

The Minister of Labor, Migration and Social Security, Magdalena Valerio, has pointed out a few days ago that the Government is studying the possibility of implementing a special agreement for older people who have "significant shortages" in the quotation caused by the years of the crisis. But he also affirmed that the development of this agreement is still at a very early stage and that there is still nothing concrete.


Source link