The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) forecasts for today, Thursday, an increase in temperatures, with values higher than normal for the time, in much of the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands, which will exceed 30 degrees in the Guadalquivir valley and del Ebro, as well as in the southwest quadrant.
In most of the country, a predominance of dry and stable climate with rising temperatures, which, in the case of the Guadalquivir Valley, is expected to reach 32 degrees; thermal decrease in the peninsular Mediterranean area and increase in the Atlantic and Alto Ebro slopes, notable in Castilla y León and Extremadura.
High clouds or slightly cloudy skies are expected in the Peninsula and the Balearic Islands that will evolve during the afternoon at intervals of medium and high clouds, in addition to evolutionary cloudiness in mountain areas, notable in the Cantabrian Mountains, with an occasional shower in the afternoon. Isolated storms at the end of the day in the interior of the northwest peninsula.
On the coast of Galicia and Asturias, as well as in the area of the Strait and Melilla, cloudy skies or with intervals of low clouds, while in the Canary Islands, cloudy intervals with weak precipitations in the mountainous islands.
Presence of fog banks during the first hours of the day in Galicia and Alto Ebro, as well as the presence of calima in Melilla and the southeastern Andalusia, which will extend to the eastern and southeastern halves of the Peninsula.
The wind will blow from the north component in Galicia and the Canary Islands, east in the eastern half of the peninsula and the Balearic Islands, and strong winds in the Strait and Almería coast.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
- GALICIA: cloudy skies on the north coast and intervals of medium and high clouds in the rest, increased inland cloudiness during the afternoon, notable in southeastern mountain areas with scattered showers accompanied by storms. Presence of morning mists and fog banks inside. Slight increase in minimum temperatures in the southeast and decrease in maximum temperatures on the north coast, with thermal rise in the rest. The wind will blow lightly variable inland and northbound on the shoreline, increasing during the afternoon on the west and northwest coast.
- ASTURIAS: cloudy skies on the western coast and cloudy intervals in the rest, with a predominance of medium and high cloud cover, as well as evolution clouds in the mountain range, with isolated showers accompanied by storms. Presence of mists and fog banks during the morning. Increase in minimum temperatures, while no changes in maximum temperatures are expected, except in the extreme south, with a slight rise. The wind will blow a loose variable with a tendency to a north component.
- CANTABRIA: sky slightly cloudy or clear with intervals of high clouds, with a tendency to very cloudy inland at the end of the day. Showers are expected during the second half of the day accompanied by a storm. Rise in temperatures. The wind will roll loose variable of this component during the central hours of the day.
- BASQUE COUNTRY: slightly cloudy or clear sky with high cloud intervals and some evolution cloudiness in mountain areas. The minimum temperatures are maintained while the rise in the maximum is expected. The wind will turn lightly variable with a tendency to the east and northeast on the coast, with a southeast component in the interior.
- CASTILLA Y LEÓN: intervals of high clouds with cloudiness of evolution during the afternoon in the west and mountain areas. Heavy rain showers are expected at the end of the day in the west, with hail in the northwest. Temperatures rise. The wind will blow from the weak east with an increase to the southern component during the day.
- NAVARRA: clear sky with high cloud intervals and evolution cloudiness in mountain areas. The minimum temperatures maintain their values and the maximums increase. The wind will veer variable with a tendency to the southeast, with greater intensity in the Ribera during the afternoon.
- LA RIOJA: intervals of high clouds and evolution clouds at the end of the day. Possible isolated showers accompanied by a storm in the Iberian. Slight rise in temperatures. The wind will blow from the east and southeast.
- ARAGÓN: high cloud intervals and evolution cloudiness during the afternoon. Presence of calimas. The minimum temperatures increase slightly, the maximums decrease in the eastern half or a slight rise in the east of the province of Zaragoza. The wind will roll from a weak southern component in mountain areas and a weak to moderate southeast in the Ebro valley.
- CATALONIA: cloudy sky with a chance of light showers in the Pyrenees during the central hours of the day. In the rest, intervals of high clouds and cloudiness of diurnal evolution in the afternoon in the interior. The minimum temperatures, without changes, while the maximums drop in Gerona, Tarragona and southern Lleida. The wind will blow lightly with predominance of the south and east components.
- EXTREMADURA: intervals of high clouds with cloudiness of evolution during midday. Heavy showers at the end of the day in the north and some other isolated spot, hail expected. Temperatures will rise. The wind will blow variable, loose.
- MADRID COMMUNITY: cloudy sky with high clouds and some evolutionary cloudiness from the end of the morning. A scattered shower or occasional storm is expected in some part of the mountains at the end of the day. The presence of haze will reduce visibility. Increased temperatures. The wind will blow lightly from the southeast.
- CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: cloudy sky with a tendency to increase during the morning with cloudiness of evolution, some scattered showers at the end of the day in areas of the western half of Toledo, notable in the Sierra de San Vicente, accompanied by a storm. The haze will reduce visibility. Minimum temperatures increase except in the Serranía de Cuenca and southern Albacete. The maximums, decreasing in Cuenca and Albacete, with an increasing predominance in the rest of the region, notable the further west. The wind will turn light from the southeast and east, with greater intensity in the eastern half during the central hours of the day.
- VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: high cloud intervals and evolution cloudiness during the afternoon in the interior. Presence of calimas. Maximum temperatures will increase, especially in the interior and local ascents on the Alicante coast. The wind will blow this loose component, with some moderate interval in the south of Alicante during the afternoon.
- MURCIA: slightly cloudy sky with a predominance of medium and high clouds accompanied by haze. Minimum temperatures with little change and maximum temperatures in the interior; on the coast, unchanged. The wind will blow from the east component with strong gusts from the northeast and with greater intensity on the coast and Altiplano.
- BALEARES: cloudy intervals with a tendency to cloudy sky and predominance of high clouds. Temperatures are maintained. The wind will turn from the northeast.
- ANDALUSIA: cloudy sky with a predominance of medium and high clouds accompanied by haze, with a tendency to decrease cloudiness in the afternoon. In the area of the Strait, Ceuta and Melilla, low clouds. The minimum temperatures remain on the Mediterranean slope and in the rest, on the rise. The maximums will drop in Malaga, the Strait area and will be locally notable in the interior of Cádiz. Thermal decrease of the maximum values in the eastern interior and rising in the western Almería, while in the rest, unchanged. The wind will blow from the east and Levante components with very strong gusts both in the Strait and in the Almería coast.
- CANARY ISLANDS: cloudy sky in the north of the islands while in the rest, slightly cloudy with some intervals. Cleared on peaks. Light rains are expected in the north of the more prominent islands. Temperatures remain on coasts and drop on peaks. The wind will blow from the northeast lightly to moderate.