The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for today, Thursday, high temperatures in the Guadalquivir valley, interior of the extreme south-eastern peninsula and south of Gran Canaria, as well as showers and strong storms in the eastern Pyrenees.
The sky will be covered and rains are expected in the north of Galicia, the Cantabrian and the upper Ebro, with cloudiness of evolution in areas of the northeast of the peninsula that will leave showers and occasional storms in the surroundings of mountainous areas, and will be strong in the eastern and extreme Pyrenees northern Catalonia; cloudy intervals in the north of the Canary Islands.
In the rest of the country, clear skies and possible low clouds and mists in the interior of Galicia and the Cantabrian Sea, Valencian Community and Strait during the morning.
Daytime temperatures will drop in the north and center of the Peninsula, and will rise on the coast of Andalusia and Murcia; 36 degrees will be exceeded in the lower middle courses of the Guadalquivir and Segura, and 32 to 34 degrees will be reached in the depressions of the northeast of the peninsula.
The wind will blow from the north component in the peninsular north third and the Balearic Islands, trade winds with strong gusts in the Canary Islands and strong northwest intervals in Ampurdán; predominance of the western component in the Atlantic slope of the peninsula, Strait and Alboran, as well as breezes in the Mediterranean area.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: overcast sky with a tendency to cloudy intervals and little cloud at the end of the day. Light and scattered showers in the northern third, without ruling them out in the rest of the northern half, and which will disappear during the afternoon. Morning mists and some fog bank inside. Decreasing temperatures, light in general and more pronounced in the eastern third. The wind will blow from the north and the northwest looser, more intense in the western coast during the central hours.
– ASTURIAS: sky covered with light rains and scattered showers, more probable and frequent during the afternoon, in the eastern half and in the mountains. Morning mists and fog banks in the interior, especially in mountain areas. Decreasing temperatures, locally notable from the highs in the Cordillera and Picos de Europa. The wind will blow from the northwest and north, generally weak.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy sky, with generally weak and persistent rains, and probable showers during the afternoon. Morning mists and fog banks. Decreasing temperatures, more pronounced than the highest, which will be notable in the south. The wind will blow from the northwest on the coast and from the north in the interior, with more intense intervals during the afternoon.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: overcast sky, with generally light rains and some rain showers in the afternoon, except in Álava where the possibility of rain is less. Presence of morning mists and fog banks. Decreasing temperatures, more pronounced than the highest, which will be notable in the southwest of Álava. The wind will turn from the weak north, somewhat more intense during the afternoon in Álava.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: cloudy sky with probable weak precipitations in the mountainous north and northeast. In the rest, clear sky, with cloud cover of scattered evolution except in the southwest. Presence of morning mists and fog banks in the north. Decreasing temperatures, notable in the highs in the north. The wind will blow from the north and northeast in the north, and from the west in the rest that will turn during the afternoon to the north, more intense during the afternoon.
– NAVARRA: sky covered with rains in the northern half, on the Cantabrian slope, which will extend to the south and give rise to some isolated showers during the afternoon. In the southern half, cloudy intervals. Decreasing temperatures, more pronounced than the highest, with locally notable drops in the south. The minimum will be given at the end of the day. The wind will blow from the weak northwest and will increase in the afternoon.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy sky with probability of light precipitation, especially in Rioja Alta. Decreasing temperatures, notable in the highs of the Rioja Alta. The wind will blow from the north and northwest, more intense during the afternoon.
– ARAGÓN: in the Pyrenees, cloudy intervals and cloudiness of daytime evolution, with precipitations that will remit at noon except in the most eastern valleys, in the form of showers and occasional storms. In the rest, clear skies, with cloudy intervals and evolutionary cloudiness in eastern Teruel, with some showers or isolated storms during the afternoon, especially in mountain areas. Temperatures in general decline. The wind will blow from the west and moderate northwest.
– CATALONIA: sky with cloudy intervals, more abundant in the Pyrenees and cloudiness of daytime evolution, especially in mountain areas. Occasional showers and storms are expected in the interior of the northern third, which will be locally strong in the eastern Pyrenees and other inland areas of the northeast. Minimum temperatures with few changes, maximum decreases in the interior and without changes on the coast. In Ampurdán, the wind will blow from the moderate north, with strong intervals in the last hours of the day. In the rest, loose variable wind with a tendency to a southern component.
– EXTREMADURA: clear sky. Minimum temperatures in light descent and maximum temperatures in descent. The wind will blow from the west, more intense during the afternoon.
– MADRID COMMUNITY: clear sky with some interval of evolution clouds during the afternoon. Decreasing temperatures. The wind will blow lightly with a predominance of southwest component, with more intense intervals of west and southwest during the central hours of the day.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: clear sky with some interval of evolution clouds in the northern third and with some low clouds at the end of the day at the eastern end of Cuenca and Albacete. Temperatures in general decline, except in the southern third, which remain unchanged. The minimum will rise locally in the Hellín area. The wind will blow lightly from the west component, with more intense intervals in the central hours of the day, with a tendency to variable at the end of the day.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: predominance of clear skies, with low morning cloudiness in coastal areas and southern interior of Valencia, with a tendency to cloudy intervals and with cloudiness of evolution in mountain areas of the northern third from noon, with showers and occasional storms in the interior of Castellón. Minimum temperatures on the rise and maximum temperatures on the decline, notable on the southern coast of Valencia; 36 degrees will be exceeded locally in the innermost regions of Valencia and Alicante. The wind will blow with a predominance of this loose to moderate component, except in the interior of Valencia where it will blow with intervals of moderate west.
– MURCIA: clear sky. Minimum temperatures on the rise and maximum temperatures on the interior, and on the rise on the coast. The wind will blow lightly variable, in a breeze on the coast.
– BALEARES: little cloudy sky. Morning mists are expected. Nighttime temperatures with little change and decreasing daytime temperatures, especially in the north and east of the islands. The wind will blow this loose component with coastal breezes.
– ANDALUSIA: slightly cloudy sky, except for low cloud intervals and morning mists in Cádiz, with banks of fog. Minimum temperatures on the rise and maximum temperatures on the Atlantic and western Almería coast, decreasing in the northwest and unchanged in the rest. The wind will roll from the west component and will pick up during the afternoon, with strong intervals on the Mediterranean coast and very strong gusts in high eastern areas.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in low areas of the north of the islands of greater relief, predominance of overcast sky that will decrease at cloudy intervals in the central hours of the day. Cloudy intervals in Lanzarote and Fuerteventura, with a predominance of little cloudy sky during the afternoon. In the rest, clear sky. Presence of calima at high levels. Minimum rising temperatures, especially in the midlands and high areas, less pronounced in the easternmost islands. Maximum temperatures with little change. 34 degrees will be reached on the southern and western slopes of Gran Canaria. The wind will blow from the northeast to moderate to strong, with very strong gusts in the southeast and northwest slopes of the islands of greater relief, mainly during the afternoon.