The Government and the autonomous communities have closed this Friday unanimously the application of eleven measures to face the increase in cases of coronavirus in Spain. At the extraordinary meeting of the Interterritorial Council of the National Health System, coordinated actions “for the benefit of all communities” have been approved, including the prohibition of smoking if social distance cannot be guaranteed and the recommendation to limit social encounters to “stable coexistence groups”, among others.
Health announces the ban on smoking in the street and the closure of nightclubs throughout Spain due to the increase in cases of COVID-19
These are the mandatory measures, the recommendations and the reminder made to the communities:
Mandatory measures in seven areas:
- Discotheques, dance halls and cocktail bars are closed -with and without live musical performances- throughout the territory.
- In restaurants and hotels the minimum interpersonal distance of 1.5 meters must be guaranteed.
- There can only be a maximum of 10 people per table or grouping of tables in bars and restaurants.
- The closing time in hotels and restaurants will be 1 in the morning and new customers cannot be accepted after 12 at night.
- In nursing homes, it will be mandatory to carry out PCR on all new entrants and employees who return from vacation.
- Visits in senior centers will be restricted to one per resident and a maximum of one hour a day. It is necessary to guarantee that the visits are staggered throughout the day to avoid crowds. Health provides an exception for patients who are at the end of their life.
- Limitation to the maximum of the exits of the residents.
- In mass events and activities, it is mandatory for the health authority to make a risk assessment.
- Obligation to screen specific groups with PCR in the event of an epidemic outbreak. It will be necessary to screen populations at risk based on the outbreak: Minister Salvador Illa has given as an example the social health centers, certain neighborhoods or educational centers.
- Reminder that the bottle is prohibited: you cannot drink alcohol on public roads and the sanctions that each council or community may have must be applied.
- Smoking (both tobacco and electronic devices) is prohibited on public roads or outdoors when a minimum distance of 2 meters cannot be respected.
- Health recommends that citizens limit social encounters to their stable coexistence groups. It is preferable to limit contacts with those outside of these groups as much as possible.
- Limit social gatherings to a maximum of 10 people.
- In the case of residences, carry out screening PCR tests on a regular basis.
Reminder to communities:
- It is necessary to have all the means and capacities agreed between the Ministry and the communities in their day: capacities for early detection, surveillance and monitoring of cases, the health system.