Generalitat and City Council call for calm before the Mobile and the coronavirus



The Minister of Digital Policies, Jordi Puigneró, and the first deputy mayor of Barcelona, ​​Jaume Collboni, have called on Monday for calm and tranquility before the next edition of the Mobile World Congress and the risk that may exist of propagation of the coronavirus.

During the presentation of the Mobile Week, the prelude to the Mobile World Congress (MWC), Puigneró and Collboni have agreed to prevent against "alarmism", in response to questions from journalists.

"The authorities are following this issue. We must call for calm and tranquility. There are no precise instructions and we are waiting for the events," Collboni said.

For his part, Puigneró has also called "not to generate unnecessary alarmism" and stressed that "the protocols are prepared in case we have to act".

"The Mobile will develop normally and we hope it will be another success," said the Minister.

The employer of the telecommunications operators GSMA, organizer of the MWC, guaranteed last week that the event was going to be held as planned, and advanced that sanitary measures are being reinforced in case it is necessary to carry out any action.

The organizers expect this year to attend Mobile - which will start at the end of February - more than 110,000 professionals and managers in the field of mobile telephony and mobility, of which a significant percentage come from China.

.



Source link