1. The return of the maternity and paternity IRPF of 2016 and 2017 can be requested from today. The taxpayers who charged maternity or paternity benefits in 2016 and 2017 they can request the return of the corresponding IRPF from today in the afternoon, the Tax Agency explained in a press release.
2. The ECB intervenes the Italian bank Banca Carige and appoints three temporary administrators. The European Central Bank (ECB) has appointed this Wednesday three temporary administrators, as well as a three-member oversight committee, to take over Banca Carige and replace its board of directors, after the resignation of the majority of board members.
3. The indebtedness of the families rises 1% in November, while that of the companies remains. The debt of the families has grown 1% in November, up to 712,910 million euros, which is 7,571 million euros more than the previous month, while corporate debt remained practically at the same level, according to the data published this Wednesday by the Bank of Spain.
4. Iberdrola completes the sale of Scottish Power Generation, its English subsidiary of non-renewable energy. Iberdrola has consummated the sale of Scottish Power Generation, its conventional generation assets in the United Kingdom, to the Drax group for 777.6 million euros, reported on Wednesday the Spanish company in a statement to the National Securities Market Commission (CNMV).
5. Overnight stays in non-hotel accommodations rose 1.5% in November to 5.9 million. Overnight stays made in non-hotel tourist accommodation (apartments, campsites, rural tourism accommodation and hostels) have exceeded 5.9 million in November 2018, which is 1.5% more than in the same month of 2017, according to provisional data from the National Institute of Statistics (INE), which does not have records on accommodation in tourist housing.