January 28, 2021

Exports of services increase by 4.5 percent at the end of 2018

Exports of services increase by 4.5 percent at the end of 2018



Exports of services totaled 19,082.5 million euros in the fourth quarter of the year, which represents an increase of 4.5% over the same period of the previous year, according to the Survey of International Trade in Services (ECIS).

According to the data published this Friday by the National Institute of Statistics (INE), between October and December 2018 the imports of services rose by 6.6% year-on-year, to 12,532.1 million euros.

Therefore, the net balance (the difference between exports and imports) of the fourth quarter was positive and stood at 6,550.3 million, with a variation of 0.7%.

The exports that contributed most were telecommunications, information and information (18.5% of the total), after increasing 10.5% with respect to the fourth quarter of last year.

Transportation exports followed (24.4% of the global calculation) with an increase of 5.3% year-on-year, as well as the transformation of goods without transfer of ownership (4.7% of the total) with a variation annual rate of 16.4%.

On the other hand, business exports fell by 0.3% (although they accounted for 34.2% of the total), followed by financial services, which fell by 3.1% (and represented 2.8% of the total). exported).

With regard to imports, the services that rose the most were business (38.1% of the total) with an interannual increase of 13.2%; those of intellectual property (11.7% of the total), with a rise of 24.9%; and telecommunications, information and information (14.2% of the total) with an advance of 3%.

Conversely, imports fell by 8.8% in insurance and pensions (representing 7% of the total); 33.9% in the transformation of goods without transfer of ownership (0.5% of the total); and 9% in personal, cultural and recreational services (which represented 1.2% of the total).

By destinations, Spain exported services mainly to Europe (11,742.2 million euros), followed by America (4,791.2 million), Asia (1,851.1 million), Africa (605.4 million) and Oceania (92.4 million). millions).

In terms of imports, the main trading partner was also Europe (9,369.7 million euros), followed by America (1,826.1 million), Asia (992.3 million), Africa (267.6 million) and Oceania ( 76.4 million).

.



Source link