SpanishTOThe second captain has lost prominence this season
Vctor Snchez (8/9/1987, Rub, Barcelona) has always been a key player for the technicians who have passed through the RCDE Stadium. Midfielder, right or left side … the Catalan was the undisputed holder. But the arrival of Rubi and the change of the team's game model has relegated the parakeet to a second plane. He has two home games and four, coming from the bench. Only 255 minutes. He is playing live the other side of football. However, the second captain believes that it is time to think about the collective and, above all, to be able to enjoy a spectacular start after some difficult seasons. Now he expects to get out of the house to hit the table and show that this team is serious.
- How does a player like you, accustomed to being always on the pitch, live in the background?
- I'm good. It will be unfair to focus on playing less and not enjoying what the team does. Those of us who have been here the longest, have had very complicated campaigns, we have suffered a lot on some occasions and now it is time to enjoy and be part of all this and, above all, to work hard to be available when the Master believes opportune. All parrots now have to enjoy what the team is doing.
- Suffer a lot from the bench?
- The truth is that you suffer more than on the field. I will not deny it. In the end, outside you are impotent, you can not do anything, you can not change the course of the meeting, it gets longer …
- How can you explain the 180-degree change that Espanyol has made in practically a few months? Last year was a soulless team and is now among the greats.
- This goes a lot for the confidence of the staff, the state of mind. The block, from the beginning of the season, got the message that it was a good team, that it could do things well and that adds to the fact that there are very good players of great quality.
- Some have stepped forward and are showing their best version.
- There are players like Mario Hermoso, Darder, Marc Roca … who are demonstrating a lot this course and taking weight. We are making a team base and players where everyone is responding. Rubi also changed the game idea, we know what we play, we put it well and that makes us dominate almost every game regardless of the result.
- Precisely, speaking of the coach, many players stand out from Rubi who is a great group manager.
- When he arrived, he told us that there were no starters or substitutes, that we all worked equally and that he would distribute minutes depending on the game, the training, the rival … It has already been seen that in the week of three games he played 70 percent of the template as a starter, we all feel important. From the first meeting of the season until now almost everyone has been entering, although there are still people to debut that will surely jump to the lawn shortly. That makes the template is always plugged in, on alert and that you know that if you do it right you can have an opportunity. All this creates an internal competition that is good for everyone.
- For the block that has been most important the change of the game system or the psychological one?
- Both are key to understanding the moment we go through. Regarding the game model, the people who were more comfortable with the ball are happy and performing at a very high level. And in reference to the speech, the masters tell us that they trust in us, that they know that we can do great things, take care of all the details, work on every aspect … and that, in the end, is reflected in the field. It is also true that things are going well and when the results are favorable, everything is easier.
- This week, Quique Snchez Flores spoke about Espanyol and said he was an emotionally sensitive group, what do you think about these statements?
- The first year with him was very good, the second, more complicated. When we all had to step forward, we did not. We were not comfortable and we managed to get where we wanted. When a set is without confidence, it is not right, things do not come out. But we must not forget that he also gave us a lot, especially at the defensive level the first year. Espanyol went down the goals against, taught us to defend low and very well and that we are getting performance in time. We learned to be a little stronger back.
- You have become a very solid team at home, but you have not won outside and now you have two consecutive trips. It is, until now, the great unfinished business.
- They are going to be, without a doubt, two important commitments. If we want to be up or fight to be in the high zone as we have been occupying, which is difficult because it is a long league and there are ups and downs, we must add three away from home.
- They face Huesca and Valladolid, two teams that climbed last summer.
- Yes, it is true that we now have two games against newly promoted teams, but with opposite dynamics. Valladolid has three consecutive games winning, and face the meeting with a huge confidence and the Huesca, first rival of the two, although things are not going, get after the change of coach. They will be complicated crashes because their hobbies tighten and they want to make the field factor important. We are going to try to add away from the RCDE Stadium because it is the little point that we need to believe that we can really do a great season.