Emergency calls to 112 rise by 15% in the first half of the year

c7

Thus, the Emergency and Security Coordination Center (Cecoes) 112 received an average of 2,074 demands per day

EFE Santa Cruz of Tenerife

112 attended
375,379 lawsuits the first half of this year, of which
112,804 were emergencysthat is,
15% more of situations of imminent danger compared to the same period in 2021, and which reflects the total recovery of the activity that the service registered before the pandemic.

The total number of requests received represents a
daily average of 2,074 in the Coordinating Center for Emergencies and Security (Cecoes) 112, which depends on the Ministry of Public Administrations, Justice and Security of the Government of the Canary Islands, as specified by the department in a statement.

This growth has been produced, among other things, by the
increase in covid-19 cases recorded throughout the archipelago in the first quarter of 2022, the
increase in the migratory phenomenon which took place at the beginning of the year and the
greater number of events in the municipalities after the relaxation of the restrictive measures in the celebration of public events and due to the increase in citizen mobility and incidents that occurred in the natural environment.

Of the total demands, 59% required the activation of some service, while the remaining 41% were resolved from the coordinating center itself, through the sectoral technicians present in the operating rooms.

These data confirm not only the total recovery of the activity that was registered before the covid-19 pandemic, but also that center 112 experiences a
increase of almost 10% in the number of demands attended for this service, going from 341,361 resolved in the first half of 2019 to 375,379 that have been registered from January to June 2022.

This general increase in most of the Cecoes 112 activity indices is also maintained in the number of people assisted, which reaches the figure of 258,513, almost 3.7% more.

This line of growth is also maintained in the number of resolved incidents, 284,270 in the first half of 2022, which grows by just over 6% compared to the same period in 2021.

Those of a multisectoral nature, in whose resolution several emergency services participate, are the ones that registered the greatest increase, reaching growth of over 21%.

In these types of incidents,
accidents are those that experience the greatest increase with almost 22%followed by maritime rescue, which recorded an increase of more than 10%.

The so-called single-sector incidents, with only one sector involved, experience a similar behavior and
grow more than 5%being the toilets the ones that register the greatest increase with almost 11%.

The rest of the incidents, a total of 154,692, were resolved by sector technicians from the coordinating center itself, without the need to mobilize external resources.

To respond to all these incidents
112 activated 258,513 emergency resources and more than half, 57%, were sanitary; while 35% corresponded to the citizen security sector, which includes Local Police, National Police, Civil Guard and Canarian Police media.

As regards the sector of
firefighting, salvage and rescueoperating rooms activated 11,989 resources and the rest is related to other types of services.

Regarding the distribution of this activity by territory, 157,090 incidents were located in the eastern islands and 127,180 in the western islands.

for islands,
Gran Canaria brought together 126,298 incidents44.4% of the total, while Tenerife added 114,861, which represents 40.4%.

Also, localized services
in Lanzarote they reached the figure of 17,427in
Fuerteventura the 13,365 and in
La Palma 8,280.

In sixth place in terms of the number of incidents is the island of
La Gomera, with 2,513 and finally
El Hierro, with 1,526.

Source link