March 5, 2021

Electronic commerce exceeds 8.9 billion until March, 32.8% more

Electronic commerce exceeds 8.9 billion until March, 32.8% more



The turnover of electronic commerce in Spain increased in the first quarter of 2018 by 32.8% over the same period of 2017 to reach 8,974 million euros, according to the latest data from the National Commission of Markets and Competition (CNMV) ), released today.

Travel agencies and tour operators, with 14.9% of total turnover; air transport, with 10.8%, and clothing, in third place, with 6.1%.

By number of transactions, in the first quarter more than 156 million were registered, 35.9% more, led by games of chance and betting.

In terms of geographic segmentation, e-commerce websites in Spain accounted for 52.7% of revenues in the first quarter, while the remaining 47.3% corresponded to purchases originating in Spain made to websites of commerce electronic abroad

The net external balance (the difference between what is purchased from abroad to Spanish websites and what is purchased from Spain abroad) showed a deficit of 2,651 million.

By number of transactions, 41.7% of purchases were registered on Spanish websites and 58.3% on foreign websites.

The turnover of transactions originating in Spain and directed abroad was 4,244 million, 40.8% more.

93% of purchases from Spain abroad went to the European Union.

The activity branches with the highest volume of business from Spain to the outside were air transport (13.1%), clothing (7.4%) and games of chance and gambling (6.2%) .

For its part, sales from Spanish websites abroad achieved a turnover of 1,594 million, 43.8% more than in the first quarter of the previous year and 73.1% of purchases from abroad came from the European Union .

Likewise, the areas of activity related to the tourism sector (which groups travel agencies, air transport, land transport, car rental and hotels) accounted for 73.8% of purchases made from foreign websites. Spanish electronic commerce.

The income of electronic commerce within Spain (purchases made in Spain to Spanish websites) increased 19% year-on-year to 3,136 million euros, of which 29.5% was in the tourism sector, followed by artistic, sports shows and recreational (8.5%) and clothing (5.7%).

.



Source link