Ecuadorian authorities authorize mass acts in Guayaquil



The Ecuadorian authorities have re-authorized the celebration of massive events in the area of ​​Guayaquil (southwest), where on Saturday the authorities announced at a press conference the existence of a coronavirus contagion center in the country, but the prohibition is maintained in the nearby Babahoyo.

"After consultations with the Ministry of Health and the specialized agencies, mass events are authorized in Guayaquil and the ban on Babahoyo is maintained - for now - 70 kilometers away," said Minister of Government María Paula Romo.

Romo said through social networks that "the measures will be evaluated according to the evolution of cases of contagion", which now affects six people, all of them within the same environment.

The Ministry of Health of Ecuador reported on Monday that the number of people with coronaviruses in the country increased to seven, after a new case was also confirmed related to the first patient who came from Spain.

"The last confirmed case at night corresponds to a person who maintained contact with the first carrier" of the disease, the Ministry said Monday night in a statement.

This after the laboratory results delivered by the National Institute of Public Health Research (Inspi), the only one approved by the World Health Organization to carry out analyzes on COVID-19.

The new case has mild symptoms and is in home isolation under medical supervision.

The authorization of massive events in Guayaquil will allow the Libertadores Cup match between Barcelona and Independiente del Valle to be disputed with the public on Wednesday, confirmed the governor of the province of Guayas, Pedro Pablo Duart.

"It is only up to us to reduce the possibility of infection. Preventive measures are necessary for all activity," said the governor without specifying what measures he was referring to.

Until Monday, the Inspi has carried out tests on 14 other contacts who presented some respiratory symptoms and the results have been negative, although the response is still awaited on a case in the city of Cuenca (south).

The country's health authorities maintain active surveillance and have continuously monitored the 177 people who form the edpidemiological siege.

The outbreak occurred after the arrival in Guayaquil of a woman from Spain on February 14 and had no symptoms upon arrival, although days later she tested positive for coronavirus, so she was admitted to one of the fifteen hospitals that have been adequate in the country to treat this disease.

So far, the 71-year-old patient remains in an intensive care unit with a "reserved prognosis", according to the last part of the Ministry of Health.

.



Source link