On the most familiar night of the year, television can not be missing as a permanent companion. On Christmas Eve, the chains resort to their classics, to varied compilations and to a suitable programming for the whole family without running too many risks that follows the traditional message of the King at 9:00 p.m.
– Music is the protagonist in La 1. A story of misunderstandings set at Christmas is the one that centers Telepassion (21.15), the program in which familiar faces of the public chain sing and dance. Elena S. Sánchez and Juanma Cifuentes are the protagonists of this story through which more than 80 presenters and RTVE actors will perform to cover the themes of the sixties, seventies and eighties in numbers filmed in natural sets and the scenarios of the most popular series of the public chain. The night will continue with Special Manuel Carrasco (22.10), which will feature other artists such as Bebe, David Bisbal or Pablo Alborán and where the Huelva-born singer-songwriter will present the album The cross of the map. Rosana and friends (23.30) will keep the music in La 1. The programming will close with Trip to the center of the TV: Tweaking Christmas (0.40) a special that compiles performances by more than 250 Spanish music artists of all decades.
– Humor for La 2. The second TVE chain bets on laughter with the special Alphabet of How we laugh (22.00). The program, which lasts two hours, will include performances by humorists such as Dani Rovira, Tuesday and 13, David Broncano, Eva Hache and Les Luthiers. At midnight you can see the movie Tómbola, starring Marisol. For its part, on Christmas night it will be the turn of Iron and chrome bits and the classic Living is beautiful.
– The voice Warm up on Antenna 3. As in previous years, the night will start with The best of each house (21.15), a compilation with the 50 most entertaining, shocking or surprising moments of the Atresmedia chains in 2018. Then, and as an appetizer of one of the channel's highlights in 2019, Antena 3 will program The best of The voice in the world, a compilation of the best performances in the history of the format in its 68 international versions.
– Christmas love in Four. Another recent classic is the Christmas Eve special First Dates, a delivery with a longer duration than the usual one in which the second opportunities will be the protagonists, the reunions and the arrows at first sight. The evening will be completed with the movies Ice Age 4: The formation of the continents (22.40) and Christmas, good or family? (0.30).
– Telecinco recovers the best talents. Santi Millán conducts a special edition of Got Talent Spain (21.15) in which the judges, Risto Mejide, Edurne, Jorge Javier Vázquez and Eva Hache, will compete with each other with teams formed by contestants from the first three seasons of the program. The jury itself will decide who is the winner of the 3,000 euros that are at stake.
– Zapping for the Sixth. A monologue by Ana Morgade on how technology has changed Christmas will be the starting signal for the Christmas Eve of La Sexta. The rest of the team Zapping he will join later to sing Christmas carols by changing the lyrics and reviewing what happened on television in 2018 from his particular point of view, as well as recommending last minute recipes for the family date or curious travel destinations.