The 12th Canagua & Energía 2018 International Fair has among its main objectives to work to consolidate Gran Canaria and Canarias as clean energy production models, which is why it has already confirmed the attendance of more than 60 exhibitors at its edition this year.
The Infecar site hosts from 4 to 6 October this exhibition of energy efficiency and the use and reuse of water, in which more professionals in the sector can find multiple business opportunities.
Pavilions 5 and 7 will be occupied by the more than 60 exhibitors who have already confirmed their attendance and who will present their offer to the professional public the first two days and to the visitors in general on Saturday, October 6, with an entry price of 3, 50 euros.
Professionals wishing to attend must request registration on the official website of the exhibition, located at canagua.es. During the fair, business meetings (B2B) will be held between exhibitors and professional visitors, whose appointments can be arranged in advance.
There is also an extensive program of technical conferences in which visitors can participate in product presentations, lectures and round tables. The technical days will be the following:
Thursday, October 4
- Conference on the Offshore Wind Supply Chain, with the collaboration of the Maritime Cluster of the Canary Islands.
- Presentation of the Demola Canarias Project. DEMOLA Canarias is a project led by the Technological Institute of the Canary Islands (ITC) that consists of an open innovation model in which Canarian entities pose challenges to a multidisciplinary group of university students, developing a co-creation project (students-company) that must provide real solutions to the challenges. The model involves universities and companies to bring students to the business world and apply their talent in companies, thereby improving the region's innovative ecosystem and the competitiveness of the business fabric. At the fair there will be a presentation of the program and some of the participating teams will present their solution during the day, a solution related to renewable energies.
- Round table on Water and Energy in Africa, with the presence, among others, of Sediko Douka, Commissioner for Energy and Mines of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), whose presence has been managed by Casa África.
Friday, October 5
- -Presentation of the advantages of the Canary Islands Special Zone and the Canary Islands Free Zone for the water and energy sector.
- -Jornada on Water Management in the Canary Islands: Technology, innovation and efficiency, organized by FuturENVIRO, a technical publication dealing with projects, technology and environmental news.
- -First Forum DESAL + STARTUPS. DESAL + STARTUPS is a project coordinated by ITC. This is an initiative promoted within the framework of DESAL + LIVING LAB with the aim of attracting and supporting technology-based entrepreneurs from all over the world in water desalination and the water-energy nexus. Its objective is to contribute to creating the next generation of technological solutions in the sector taking advantage of the transformative force of entrepreneurship, supporting scientists, entrepreneurs and SMEs with disruptive technological solutions on their way to the market. During the Fair, the I DESAL INVESTMENT FORUM + STARTUPS will be held in innovative technologies, an unparalleled opportunity to present ideas or projects to investors and companies in the sector.
Saturday, October 6
- El Aguacultor Workshop. Through the theater, families are taught the importance of water and the need to reuse it. The workshop is carried out within the framework of the ADAPTaRES project, a cooperation project co-financed by the Interreg MAC Program 2014-2020, and carried out under the supervision of the ITC.
- Workshop on wind energy. It consists of a presentation on wind energy adapted to children, to then build a paper mill. It is done through the collaboration of ENERCON.
- Conferences on savings in water and electricity bills.
- Informative session on public aid for the installation of photovoltaic panels in homes. Information on the grants offered by the Insular Council of Energy of Gran Canaria.