A Ray without Falcao looks up at the coast of Elche

Rayo fans celebrate the victory goal.

Rayo fans celebrate the victory goal.

The Vallecano Ray added his fourth consecutive win of the season in his stadium by winning with goals from Mario Hernández and Frenchman Randy Nteka to the Elche (2-1), in a game in which the Colombian Radamel Falcao stayed on the bench without playing.

The match started with the Ray dominating all phases of the game before an Elche that let the locals propose and take the initiative while waiting for a ruling. That failure occurred at fourteen minutes, when the youth squad player Mario Hernández, debutant in First, lost a ball that after a quick play reached the Argentine Lucas Boyé, who from the front took a shot from under that Dimitrievski did not manage to deflect despite to that he touched it with his hands.

The same protagonist, Mario Hernández, was in charge of redeeming himself from that previous failure to equalize the contest at 25 minutes with a header inside the area after a cross from his teammate Santi Comesaña. With the tie, the game entered a different phase, of greater equality, although it was Rayo who most insistently searched for a goal that could come with a shot from Isi Palazón that licked a post.

The second half began with the same tone, in which Rayo again showed his credentials by focusing all his game on the rival field and putting Kiko Casilla to the test with separate shots from Sergi Guardiola and Esteban Saveljich who knew how to tackle the goalkeeper well. Randy Nteka’s entry to the pitch reinvigorated the Rayo. In fact, the French striker was in charge of manufacturing the second goal for his team with a good individual play that ended with a powerful shot from outside the area unreachable for Casilla.

That goal was the trigger for Fran Escribá to also move his bench to make a triple change taking out Josan, Raúl Guti and Argentine Pablo Piatti, but none of the three was the offensive boost that his team needed. The injury of Montenegrin central Esteban Saveljich and the need to give muscle to the midfield caused Andoni Iraola to have to make the last two changes almost forced, leaving Falcao on the bench without playing, who got a good ovation from his fans when he came out to warm up.

The last minutes were a continuous siege of Elche, who sought the equalizer by dribbling balls into the area with the entire team overturned, although Rayo knew how to defend well and hold out until the end of eight minutes of added time. Still, Carrillo, with a shot inside the area that went over the crossbar, was able to equalize on the last play of the match.

Data sheet

2 – Rayo Vallecano: Dimitrievski; Mario Hernández (Kevin Rodrigues, m.73), Catena, Saveljich (Maras, m.83), Fran García; Isi Palazón, Valentín, Comesaña (Pathé Ciss, m.83), Álvaro; Trejo (Unai López, m.73); and Sergi Guardiola (Nteka, m.62).

1 – Elche: Kiko Casilla; Palacios, Gonzalo Verdú, Bigas, Josema (Mojica, m.77); Piatti, Mascarell, Gumbau (Josan, m.65), Fidel (Carrillo, m.77); Benedetto (Raúl Guti, m.65) and Lucas Boyé (Piatti, m.65).

Goals: 0-1: M.14 Lucas Boyé; 1-1: M.25 Mario Hernández; 2-1: M.65 Nteka.

Referee: Santiago Jaime Latre (Aragonese Committee). He admonished Unai López (m.84), from Rayo; and to Gumbau (28) and Kiko Casilla (93), from Elche.

Incidents: match corresponding to the ninth day of the Santander League played at the Vallecas Stadium before some 8,000 spectators. A minute’s silence was observed in memory of all those who died due to the covid-19.


Source link