A couple dies in the fire in a house in Moriles, in Córdoba

A couple dies in the fire in a house in Moriles, in Córdoba


An elderly couple has died this morning in a fire in a house in the Cordovan municipality of Moriles, as reported by the Emergencias 112 Andalucía service.

Sources close to the investigation have pointed out to Efe that the fire originated in one of the rooms on the ground floor of the building, on Santo Cristo de Moriles Street, where the couple resided, formed by a woman of 92 years and a man of 89.

The first investigations focused on the articulated bed of the deceased who was disabled, although the researchers also they study an air conditioner found in the property.

The woman's body was found in a room, while the man's was in the corridor of the house, so the investigation indicates that he tried to ask for help before falling to the ground suffocated by the smoke.

On the second floor of the house, the daughter of the couple and her husband reside, who alerted the emergency services after the event.

According to the sources, the son-in-law of the marriage got up between 3.45 and 4.00 in the morning and when he noticed the smoke he tried to go down to the floor where his in-laws live, although when he opened the door he found all the smoke and could not access to it.

Immediately they called the emergency services and they went cash from the Regional Park of Firemen, of the Local Police and of the Public Company of Sanitary Emergencies (EPES).

When the emergency services arrived, they found the couple deceased by smoke asphyxiation, while the officers cordoned off the area to try to investigate what happened and the firefighters extinguished the flames immediately.

.



Source link